Bitcoin remained weak as it struggled to hold a $40k handle, briefly breaking below on Monday before ending the week around $43k. The network shrugged off the internet shutdown in Kahzakstan as network hashrate continues to push fresh all time highs.
In corporate news, Bitfarms announced the purchase of 1000 Bitcoin in the open market. CEO Emiliano Grodzki said “with the dip in BTC while mining hardware prices remain high, we seized the opportunity to move cash into BTC.” Additionally, Jack Dorsey announced via Twitter that Block would be venturing into the mining space with an “open Bitcoin mining system.
Crypto Mining Stocks News
- Bitfarms Buys 1,000 Bitcoin
- Iris Energy Limited Announces Monthly Investor Update for December 2021
- HIVE BLOCKCHAIN PRESENTS DECEMBER 2021 PRODUCTION AND CALENDAR YEAR 2021 FIGURES
- Bitcoin hash rate jumps to ATH as Jack Dorsey confirms Block’s mining system
- Tiny Bitcoin miner defies massive odds to solve a valid block
- Spanish lawmaker sees opportunity amid Kazakhstan’s Bitcoin mining collapse
- Chinese crypto miner BIT Mining ‘unlikely’ to flee Kazakhstan: Report
- Kosovo police seize 300 crypto mining machines amid electricity shortages
Hashrate Index Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.